There are still more than 20 flood warnings in place across the east coast between Bridlington in East Yorkshire and Humberston in North East Lincolnshire.
Here is a summary of the action in our region:
- Earlier high tide passed Bridlington and Hornsea where a number of properties have been flooded and homes evacuated.
- Hornsea Inshore Rescue says it rescued a grandmother and two children from a car trapped in flood water at Hornsea seafront.
- Water has receded in Withernsea after reports of water over-topping sea defences and forcing a road closure on South Promenade.
- A number of properties were evacuated on Hessle Foreshore as the tide reached nearly 8m high at 18:45 GMT in Hull. People have been allowed back home as the water level receded.
- Humberside Police have urged people to stay safe and to not venture out to watch the huge waves hitting the coastline.