The non-league player sacked after abusing Harry Arter over the death of his baby daughter says he feels ashamed of his actions.Read more
- Final screening for Bournemouth ABC cinema
- Dippy dinosaur prepares for tour which will start in Dorset
- New venue for Dorset knob-throwing contest
- New £20m search and rescue helicopter set for the coast
- Updates for Wednesday 4 January
Assistant Editor, BBC South
Thanks for joining us today. We'll be back at 08:00 on Thursday with all the latest news, sport, weather and travel from across Hampshire, Dorset and the Isle of Wight!
A miniature railway in Poole will not close a council has said, amid fears the popular attraction had reached the end of the line.
Rumours about Poole Park Trains prompted some strong comments among Facebook users on the Memories Of Old Poole and Bournemouth page.
Kevan Bound said: "Its Beeching all over again!"
Derrianne Beck added: "Nooooooo! My grandsons love this train! It's the main part of the park for them."
However, Borough of Poole said the tenancy agreement with the current operator had ended but would be going out to tender in a bid to "secure its future for many years to come".
Chris Bullen, the current operator, said it was "ludicrous" he would have to tender for the lease of a business he has run for 15 years.
The railway is a much-loved feature of Poole Park, therefore the council is keen to secure its future for many years to come. We will shortly be inviting proposals from experienced operators to secure the necessary investment to develop this popular attraction.
The Isle of Wight Council has announced a change-around after councillor Ian Stephens revealed he would be stepping down from his role.
Councillor Stephens was on the executive committee and will now be replaced by councillor Gordon Kendall, who becomes the executive member for major contract management and car parking.
Council leader Jonathan Bacon said: “I’d like to extend my sincerest thanks to Councillor Stephens for his dedication and commitment to both the Executive and to the Island during his tenure.
"His recent work has been important in developing the clear focus for regeneration."
An 18-year-old has appeared in court to face 10 charges in connection with 10 burglaries in Andover.
Tarik Oliveira, of Portland Street, London, appeared at Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court today charged with five counts of burglary dwelling and one count of attempted burglary dwelling.
Oliveira has also been charged with four counts of aggravated burglary, which relates to a knife being carried at four domestic burglaries.
All charges relate to domestic burglaries that took place in Andover in September last year.
Oliveira was remanded in custody and will appear at Winchester Crown Court on 25 January.
She lived and wrote in Berkshire and spent a large part of her life near Basingstoke.
"One of the reasons we don't know much about her is that her sister destroyed the majority of her letters. My own feeling is that there are family secrets in there.
"I think she was a very acute observer, I think she had a great sense of humour.
"She saw her sisters-in-law die in child birth, she saw a tough part of life.
"I think she thought about marriage, but I think she got nervous about the idea of producing children, and if she had we wouldn't have the books."
A325 Hampshire southbound severe accident, near Prospect Avenue.
A325 Hampshire - A325 Farnborough Road in West Heath closed and queuing traffic southbound near the Prospect Avenue junction, because of an accident.
Check local traffic and travel reports for:
A Christmas drink and drug drive campaign by Dorset Police has seen 54 people charged.
The month-long campaign ran between Thursday 1 December 2016 and Sunday 1 January 2017.
The force said those charged are due to appear at courts in Bournemouth and Weymouth in January.
BBC Live reporter
Three days of strike action will take place on Southern rail at the end of this month, it's been announced.
We reported earlier this morning that the union Aslef - which represents train drivers - had cut short a planned six day strike due to take place next week, meaning the union would only walk out for three days.
The union has since clarified its position, announcing the three new dates for the end of the month.
The industrial action will now take place on the following days:
- Tuesday 10 January
- Wednesday 11 January
- Friday 13 January
- Tuesday 24 January
- Wednesday 25 January
- Friday 27 January
Aslef's ban on staff working overtime also continues.
We are taking a longer-term view of this trade dispute. The company has not been prepared to move – it is simply going through the motions, turning up at ACAS, as it did yesterday, and telling us that it intends to impose DOO. We remain committed to a negotiated settlement, as was reached with ScotRail, but it is difficult to negotiate with people who are not prepared to be flexible.
BBC Live reporter
Southern has reacted strongly to Aslef's announcement that next week's strike by train drivers will be halved to three days.
Drivers will now take action on Tuesday 10 January, Wednesday 11 January and Friday 13 January.
This is a cynical ploy to minimise the impact on ASLEF's drivers' pay packets and maximises misery, disruption and hardship for passengers. ASLEF's move shows pure contempt for the travelling public and it still causes massive disruption over next week. These strikes are pointless and they should call the whole thing off and let common sense prevail."
A 5k run along a course of 10 giant inflatable obstacles is coming to Poole this summer.
Organisers, Gung-Ho!, said the course will feature Europe’s tallest inflatable slide - the Thriller which is five-stories-high and 200ft-long.
The run sees many fundraise in aid of the race’s national charity partner, BBC Children in Need.
The event takes place at Upton Country Park, Poole, on Saturday 26 August.
Police are hunting an armed robber who fled with cash after holding up a Greggs in Southsea.
The man raided the shop in Palmerston Road at about 17:25 GMT on Tuesday.
He threatened two workers with a knife and ordered them to put money in a bag from the till.
He then forced them to lay on the floor of the shop before running away.
No-one was hurt, but staff were left "very frightened", police said.
The man is described as white and aged in his mid 30s - he was wearing black tracksuit bottoms, a black coat with the hood up and white trainers.
An alpaca seriously injured in a dog attack in a field in the New Forest just before Christmas has had to be put down.
Three alpacas were mauled around the neck area by at least one dog in their field in the eastern part of the forest on 22 December.
They were treated by vets and initially underwent five hours of emergency surgery for their wounds.
Oberon - one of the animals - was put down by a vet last night after his wounds were found to be beyond recovery, despite further surgery.
Owner Susan Sears said the other two alpacas were receiving ongoing treatment.
Film buff Adrian Cox says he regrets the closure of the country's last-remaining ABC cinema, which has a charity screening in Bournemouth tonight.
Mr Cox, from Barton-on-Sea, said: "It's an event to watch a movie there."
He said the cinema, his favourite in the UK, was expensively decorated and had a large 634-seat main auditorium, unlike the "little boxes" found in many modern cinemas.
It has perfect sight-lines because of the steep banking of seats. A very tall person in front of you is never in the way.
A six-day strike by drivers on Southern Railway next week has been cut to three days, but there is a likelihood of further action in the bitter dispute over driver-only trains.
Members of Aslef were due to walk out from Monday, which would have halted services for the entire week.
The union announced that strikes will now be held on January 10, 11 and 13 but not on other days next week.
A museum's famous dinosaur is set to be disassembled ahead of its national tour.
Dippy the diplodocus, a 70ft-long (21.3m) plaster-cast sauropod replica made up of 292 bones, is set to leave the Natural History Museum in Kensington later this year.
A six-person team will start a three-and-a-half week dismantling of Dippy on Thursday.
He is being moved as the museum is having a front-of-house makeover.
The tour will start early next year with Dorset County Museum set to be the first stop.
An annual knob throwing contest that attracts thousands of competitors is moving for its 10th anniversary.
The Dorset event, which has been held in Cattistock since 2008, involves participants lobbing a locally made spherical biscuit as far as they can.
This year the contest, which also incorporates a food festival, will be held at Kingston Maurward College, Dorchester, on 30 April.
The event has simply outgrown the village of Cattistock. The sheer volume of traffic coming in and out during the event was too much.
The last remaining high street cinema with the ABC brand is set to close following a charity screening later.
The Odeon-owned cinema on Westover Road in Bournemouth has been sold and is due to be redeveloped for flats.
ABC - Associated British Cinemas - began in the 1927, with the brand name gradually disappearing following its takeover by Odeon in 2000.
The last screening is Back to the Future, being shown in aid of Dorset Mind.
Hampshire's Coastguard base is to take delivery of the first of two new helicopters.
The £20m Leonardo AW189 will operate from Lee-on-the-Solent, near Portsmouth.
The red and white aircraft will spend the next few months flying in the area on training missions before starting operational duties from April.