- Andover lorry driver pleads guilty over A34 deaths of woman and three children
- Man charged with kidnapping and raping 18-year-old woman on Isle of Wight
- Striking Southern rail staff told to accept new contracts
- Plans are submitted to build 49 starter homes in Winfrith
- Updates on Monday 10 October
- An army colour sergeant who slashed a fellow soldier with a machete has been jailed for eight years
- A lorry driver from Hampshire has pleaded guilty to killing a mother and three children in an eight-vehicle crash in Berkshire
- Southern is taking legal action to try to stop a series of strikes from Tuesday, the RMT transport union said
- Graffiti artwork has been produced in Dorset to help highlight the dangers of online grooming
Police in Hampshire have described incidents in which pranksters dress as clowns as "extremely frightening" and have warned offenders could be prosecuted.
The culprits, who have been reported across England, are said to be following a trend that started in the US.Copyright: Facebook/Spotted: LoughboroughQuote Message: We don’t want to be killjoys but some of these incidents have been extremely frightening for those involved. We would ask people to think about the impact of their actions. What to them is a harmless prank, could be an intimidating and threatening experience to others, especially young children and vulnerable people. Also, by taking part in this craze, people could find themselves in a situation which leads to a public order incident. They could be arrested and ultimately end up with a criminal record. from Supt Paul Bartolomeo Hampshire Constabulary
Tonight will be quiet for most with clear spells developing and light winds.
This will lead to another chilly night, with a risk of grass frost again in rural spots.
Lows of about 7C (44F).Copyright: BBCCopyright: BBC
Tuesday will start crisp and bright with sunny spells into the afternoon.
There may be one or two isolated showers later.
Highs of about 14C (57F).
For a full 10-day forecast, visit the BBC Weather site.
Golfer Richard Bland is determined to push on for greater things as he prepares for his most successful finish to a European Tour.Copyright: Getty Images
Bland, 43, from Southampton, has qualified for November's season-ending Dubai World Tour Championship for the first time.
Three top 10 finishes during September ensured Bland gained valuable points on the lucrative Race to Dubai list.
"My game's been in really good shape and I've been playing aggressively and confidently," he told BBC Radio Solent.
Many travellers buying foreign currency at the UK's airports are now receiving less than one euro to the pound.Copyright: David Dixon
The continued fall in sterling's value means that the average rate available at 17 airport bureaux de change is now just 99 euro cents to the pound.
The worst rate is currently 88 euro cents at Moneycorp at Southampton airport (pictured) and the best is €1.06 from the Change Group at Glasgow Prestwick.
Since the UK's Brexit vote in June, the pound has fallen sharply in value.
- In international action this evening Southampton pair Jordy Clasie and Virgil Van Dijk will hope to be involved in the Netherlands World Cup qualifier with France
- Pompey forward Gary Roberts says the team's hard work must continue as they look to build on their win at Leyton Orient
- In League Two, Notts County will move level on points with Portsmouth in fourth later if the Magpies beat Morecambe at home
- Eastleigh chairman Stewart Donald says that the latest phase of their Silverlake Stadium re-development is due to get under way within the next week
- Southampton's in-form golfer Richard Bland says that securing qualification for the season-ending Dubai World Tour has lifted a weight off his mind
- In speedway, Poole Pirates owner Matt Ford will cast his eye over rising Polish star Adrian Cyfer, in Friday's Blue Riband event at Wimborne Road
- Southampton cyclist Jon Dibben finished 15th in the under-23 time trial at the world road championships in Qatar
CCTV images of two suspects have been released after a man was threatened with a knife in his own home during a "terrifying" burglary in Verwood, police have said.Copyright: Dorset PoliceCopyright: Dorset Police
Two men entered the 50-year-old victim's home in Monmouth Drive on 5 August through an unlocked front door.
He suffered a small cut to his arm and nothing of value was taken, officers said.Quote Message: This was a terrifying incident, which has obviously left the victim very shaken from Det Con Will Pearce Dorset Police
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man indecently exposed himself to a 70-year-old woman in Poole.
It happened as the victim was walking along a cycle path at Upton Country Park.
The offender is described as white with a very pale complexion, in his 20s, of slim build and over 6ft.
He has short blonde hair at the sides with a "sweeping fringe" and was wearing a black fleece and boxer shorts.
- There's queuing traffic on A35 Main Street in both directions in Chideock, between the Duck Street junction and Crown Roundabout, because of a burst water main and temporary traffic lights
For the latest on the roads near you, visit the BBC Travel site.
A schoolgirl accused of attempting to murder her best friend has told a court how famous serial killers had influenced her plan to kill her mother and brother, and to carry out a school shooting.Copyright: AP
The teenager is accused of luring the victim, 15, to a secluded part of the school, in Hampshire, and stabbing her.
Giving evidence to the jury at Winchester Crown Court, the defendant, who was 14 at the time of the attack, described how she had researched school shootings including the Columbine massacre in the US in 1999, and the 2011 Norway attacks by Anders Breivik (pictured).
"I wasn't trying to justify what they had done, but looking at why they did it gave me more insight into their whole case," she said.
She admits stabbing the other girl in the chest, but denies attempted murder.
Former footballer Francis Benali is continuing his attempt to run and cycle to every Premier League and Championship stadium in two weeks.
Fellow former footballer Matt Le Tissier has been singing the 47-year-old's praises...
M27 Hampshire eastbound severe disruption, between J8 for A3024 Bursledon and J9 for A27 Whiteley.
M27 Hampshire - M27 partially blocked and delays eastbound between J8, A3024 (Bursledon) and J9, A27 (Whiteley), because of a broken down vehicle.
Check local traffic and travel reports for: