Thirty-four community projects have benefited from more than £100,000 awarded as part of Devon County Council and East Devon District Council's Parishes Together Fund over the last year.
The two councils worked together, for the sixth year running, to put £1.10 per elector into the fund - £1 from Devon County Council and 10p from East Devon District Council.
The successful town and parish council projects include:
- £8,364 towards providing mental health support for young people in Ottery St Mary, West Hill and Aylesbeare.
- £2,500 towards Christmas lights in Axminster.
- £7,482 towards providing a number of community helipads so the Devon Air Ambulance can land in the dark.
- More than £10,000 towards community defibrillators that the general public can access.
- £7,155 to Sidmouth Town Council to pay for the Sid Valley Help Scheme to help them support residents in their times of need.
- Clyst Caring Friends will receive nearly £5,000 to help them decrease loneliness in the area.
Quote Message: It's funding that is making a real difference to residents' lives. The money is to encourage communities to work together to identify new ideas for their mutual benefit. It is money to kick start projects, available to help get good ideas off the ground. We'd like to hear from communities about projects that enhance and make a difference to communities." from Councillor John Hart Leader of Devon County Council