BBC News Online
A councillor has " apologised unreservedly " after making a Nazi salute during a council debate.Copyright: Plymouth City Council
Jonny Morris, a Labour councillor in Plymouth, directed the salute towards opposing members during a debate on the rise of council tax.
Speaking to the BBC after the debate, Councillor Morris said he was "very angry at the closing down of debate".
He apologised after other councillors said the action was "an utter disgrace".
There are very bad conditions due to hail in Cornwall, with many roads affected and reports of a lot of collisions coming in.
Severe hailstorms and freezing conditions causing big problems on the A30 and A38.
- A multiple-vehicle accident has closed the A30 heading eastbound in Cornwall near Redruth, between the Avers and Tolvaddon junctions
- On the A30, between Pool and Redruth, traffic has been at a standstill due to hail and ice
- The A30 westbound at Jamaica Inn has been described in reports as "treacherous"
- On the A30 at Marazanvose, the road is covered and driving conditions are difficult
- On the A30 eastbound at Innis Downs, a lorry has jacknifed. There are reports it is passable with care
- On the A38 at Liskeard, at the Moorswater Industrial Estate junction eastbound, there are reports of vehicles losing control on the ice
- At Kelly Bray, the A388 Launceston Road is partially blocked by an accident around Florence Road, near the Swingletree pub. There are reports that police are there and it is not possible to reach Kelly Bray from the A388.
- In Lanner, no cars at all driving through the village, which as been described in reports this moring as "white with hail"
Good morning from BBC Local Live. We'll be bringing you the news, sport, travel and weather for Devon and Cornwall today. If you want to get in touch, please email us .