How the events unfolded at London Bridge and who was caught up in the attackRead more
- Police say the death toll from Saturday's attacks has risen to eight
- Australian au pair Sara Zelenak is named as the latest victim of the attacks
- Police searching for French national Xavier Thomas have recovered a body from the Thames
- A 30-year-old man was arrested for terrorism offences in the early hours of Wednesday
- Police casualty bureau can be contacted on 0800 096 1233 and 020 7158 0197
Fundraisers are urging people to take to the capital's restaurants and bars on Saturday night in a show of "unity and resilience" a week on from the terror attack.
The British Red Cross is calling for people to come together in a "Saturday Night for London" where they can take a "ride for London, eat a dish for London and say cheers to London."
Restaurants, including those in the area of the attack, will donate money from a chosen dish, while cafes, pubs and bars will ask for donations of the price of a drink.
Donald Hyslop, Borough Market chairman of trustees, said: "Borough Market is not just a collection of stalls, restaurants and pubs; it is a community of people.
"Never has that been more apparent than it is now, in this darkest of hours.
"This community has been shaken to its core by Saturday's horrific events, but bolstered by the love, togetherness and defiance of this vibrant, diverse city it will carry on doing what it has always done - celebrating the pleasures of good food and conversation."
Home affairs correspondent, BBC London
There's been a five-fold increase in Islamophobic incidents since the attack, the mayor of London has said.
There were 20 incidents reported yesterday - the 2017 daily average is 3.5.
There's also been a rise in hate crime reported to the Met since the attack, with 54 reports yesterday - the daily average in 2017 is 38.
Sadiq Khan said: "Just as the police will do everything possible to root out extremism from our city, so we will take a zero-tolerance approach to hate crime."
One of the victims of Saturday's terror attack has been confirmed as Sara Zelenak.
In a statement, her family said: "We are deeply saddened at the tragic loss of our beautiful daughter and sister of Harrison and Scott.
"Sara's family and friends are devastated.
"We would like to thank our friends and family who are helping us through this very difficult time."
Police say the death toll from the attacks on Saturday night has now risen to eight after they recovered a body from the River Thames on Tuesday evening.
They were searching for missing French national Xavier Thomas.
Mr Thomas's next of kin have been told, police said, but formal identification has not yet taken place
The BBC understands Australian Sara Zelenak is among those who were killed.
Sebastien Belanger 36 and Ignacio Echeverria, 39 are both still missing.
A 30-year-old has been arrested for terrorism offences after a search warrant was carried out at a property in east London in the early hours.
The Met said officers entered the address in Ilford at 01:30.
He has been taken to a south London police station for questioning.
A large part of the police cordon around the scene of Saturday night's attack has been lifted this morning.
Borough High Street and the roads and area east of the high street have reopened to the public, although Borough Market and a small surrounding area remain closed.
- All three attackers have now been named as Khuram Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba
- Two more of the seven victims have been named - Australian nurse Kirsty Boden, 28, and French national Alexandre Pigeard, 27
- NHS England says 15 people remain in a critical condition in hospital
- A further arrest has been made in the Irish Republic - a man in his 30s - related to Redouane. Another man also arrested in the Irish Republic earlier on Tuesday has been released without charge
- Theresa May has said she will change human rights laws if they "get in the way" of tackling suspected terrorists
- Opposition parties accused her of another u-turn and reducing freedom
- Borough Market will remain closed on Wednesday
"The Australian Government is deeply saddened to confirm that two Australians have been killed in the London terrorist attack.
"We continue to work with the United Kingdom authorities who have asked that we await official confirmation of the identities of the victims, and for the families to be officially notified, before we release their names.
"The Australian Government has remained in close contact with the families who have requested privacy. We ask the media to respect their request at this difficult and harrowing time."
BBC political editor
Enough was enough, on Sunday.
On Tuesday night, it seems the prime minister has concluded that in terms of her message on terror, enough was not in fact enough.
In one of her last few appearances in this long campaign she has done more to outline her plan for combating terror.
A man is in his 30s has been arrested in Ireland in relation to one of the London attackers.
The man was arrested under the Theft and Fraud Offences Act, 2001, and is being detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act at Wexford Garda Station.
The force said its inquiries were ongoing, but said the arrest was related to attacker Rachid Redouane.
It follows an earlier arrest of a man in Limerick, Ireland, over the discovery of ID documents in Redouane's name.
He was later released without charge.
The boss of US tech giant Apple says the company is working with the government to help its investigations of terror attacks.
Tim Cook told Bloomberg that his firm had been providing information to UK authorities when requested.
"We have been co-operating with the UK government, not only in law enforcement kind of matters, but on some of the attacks," he said.
"I cannot speak on detail on that. But in cases when we have information, and they have gone through the lawful process, we don't just give it but we do it very promptly."
Theresa May has promised to bring in longer sentences for terrorism offences and to deport foreign suspects as she seeks re-election as prime minister.
Mrs May, who was home secretary for six years, said she would ensure police and intelligence agencies have the power they need to face evolving terror threats, even if it meant "changing the law".
She told a Conservative rally that work would begin to enact these changes on Friday if she is elected on Thursday.
Speaking in Berkshire, she said:
I mean longer prison sentences, for those convicted of terrorist offences, I mean making it easier for the authorities to deport foreign terrorist suspects back to their own countries and I mean doing more to restrict the freedom and movements of terrorist suspects, when we have enough evidence to know they are a threat, but not enough evidence to prosecute them for in court. And if our human rights laws stop us from doing it, we will change the law so we can do it."
Police have shared pictures of a car used by Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi for "repeated trips" in the days leading up to his deadly attack.
Greater Manchester Police tweeted pictures of the Nissan Micra, as well as a black and white holdall.
Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson said forensic examination had revealed "significant evidence" inside the car.
However, in a tweeted statement, he said they were hoping people may be able to help the police to further their investigations.
Abedi killed 22 people when he detonated a bomb outside an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester last month.
Read more here.
The market, home to more than 100 traders, tweeted on Tuesday afternoon:
Police are appealing for help finding a French man who eyewitnesses feared may have been knocked into the Thames during Saturday's attack.
Xavier Thomas, 45, was walking over London Bridge with his girlfriend when the white van driven by the three extremists began knocking into people.
Mr Thomas's girlfriend was seriously injured after being hit by the van, but he has not been seen since.
A search of the river has been ongoing since Saturday.
Anyone who was on the bridge at the time and has not yet spoken to police, or anyone who has seen Mr Thomas since, is being urged to contact officers on 0800 0961 233.
Dr Usama Hasan was accused by London Bridge killer Khuram Butt of being a non-believer who was spying on his fellow Muslims for the government at a family event to mark Eid last year.
Butt, 27, also attacked Dr Hasan, who works for the anti-extremist Quilliam Foundation, for "believing in gay marriage".
Dr Hasan told the BBC:
He ran at me with an expression of hatred in his face. A scuffle broke out, and at one point I helped wrestle him to the ground. He was full of hate."
He said he reported Butt to the police, telling them he believed he was part of a banned Islamist group and needed to be monitored.
The BBC has asked to police to respond.
Pictures from London Bridge show life returning to normal amid tears, tea and growing tributes to the seven killed and dozens injured by three extremists on Saturday night.
London's leading visitor attractions have said "very few" people have pulled out of visits to the capital in the wake of Saturday's attack.
Bernard Donoghue, director of the Association of Leading Visitor Attractions, acknowledged that some school and family groups had changed their plans in favour of other UK cities, but added:
There's a recognition that London has a proud, safe history and people are not taking the sort of knee-jerk reactions they they would have done at the height of the IRA bombing campaign."
Paris saw a million fewer visitors in the first half of last year, following the December attack which left 130 people dead.
Radio 4 PM
A former head of the UK National Counter Terrorism Security Office has defended the police for dropping a 2015 investigation into one of the London attackers.
Chris Phillips told reporter Andrew Bomford the police were "spinning lots of plates" and "there's going to be one that falls or one that actually gets thrown in from the side that no one has foreseen".
He said "someone has to make a decision", adding that the attackers could have decided "two hours before the attack happened to do this, what chance would the police have had then of stopping it?".
Youssef Zaghba was a "normal person", according to his mother's neighbour.
Franco Bortolini, who lives in the same building has Zaghba's mother in Italy, told the BBC:
Yes, I met him. He was a normal person. The few days that he was here we would say 'hi', 'good morning', 'good evening' and that's it."
So how does a "normal person" become radicalised? Professor Peter Neumann and Dr Shiraz Maher, of King's College London, have looked at how can happen in the UK here.
Muslim women in east London have been subjected to physical and verbal abuse since Saturday's attack, a community leader has said.
Ash Siddique, the secretary of the Al-Madina Mosque, in Barking, said "a number" of women had gone to the mosque saying they had being grabbed around the neck, spat at or abused in the street.
Mr Siddique told the Press Association he "would not describe it as a backlash", but added:
Perhaps that's to be expected after a major event like this but it's still disconcerting for those individuals involved. To be honest with you, it's par for the course of being a Muslim in the UK today."
Youssef Zaghba told his mother he was moving to London to find work, a relative has said.
Franca Labertini revealed he originally moved to London for "two or three months" before returning to Bologna, in northern Italy.
But a month later, he told his mother he was "leaving because here there is nothing, and in London I can work", Ms Labertini told BBC News.
The World at One
BBC Radio 4
In the aftermath of the attacks in Manchester and London, there has been much debate about what role Islam has played in the radicalisation of the men who carried out the atrocities.
Karen Armstrong is considered to be one of the world's leading writers on religion and has won the Princess Asturias Award for Social Sciences. She told Martha Kearney: "We have to reassess things, not just jump for an easy scapegoat like Islam."
She added: "What we're seeing is a ghastly, perverted form of Islam. Just as you see a perverted form of Christianity in the Ku Klux Klan."
A British Transport Police officer who was stabbed in the eye during Saturday's attack told his colleagues to chase after the killers rather than help him.
The officer, who has not been named, was also slashed on his left thigh.
But when his colleagues arrived to help, he was more concerned with stopping the three men.
Fellow BTP officer Alfred Iswa told the Press Association:
I was trying to help him and he pointed to his baton towards the attacker and said 'get him'. Even when injured, he was trying to fight."
The World at One
BBC Radio 4
Richard Barrett, a former head of counter-terrorism at MI6, has told the World at One that a "sophisticated amount" of co-operation between security services is required to enable them to manage the volume of potential suspects travelling between countries.
The London Bridge attackers were "known to security services" and Mr Barrett says the difficulty is the volume of people who need monitoring and also the speed at which someone moves from being radicalised to taking action, which he says has changed from "years to possibly a matter of months or weeks".