Paul Hollywood: The Great British Bake Off will 'stay the same'
Paul Hollywood has vowed that the format of The Great British Bake Off will "stay exactly the same" when it moves to Channel 4.
He is the only celebrity participant to be following the show to its new home.
"The Bake Off won't change in the sense that the format will stay exactly the same, the tent will stay the same, [as will] the challenges," Hollywood said.
Speaking on the Christmas special of ITV's The Jonathan Ross Show, he said he had been given little warning about the channel switch.
"It was between the production company and the BBC and they then moved to Channel 4 and obviously it came down to... my job was still there and I didn't want to lose my job," he said.
"I love doing what I do. We knew they were talking, there were negotiations going on.
"We had no idea that we were going to move until it actually happened."
In the interview, to be broadcast on Saturday, Hollywood said he would "make sure" the show stays the same.
"Ultimately, it comes down to when the bakers get in the tent next year, then it will be a special thing," he said.
"I'm really excited about it and I think it will do a great job, I'm going to make sure that we keep it the same."
Speaking about the backlash he received for following the show to Channel 4, Hollywood said: "All the guns were pointed at me."
But, he said, he has maintained a good relationship with his co-stars.
"The press like to cover the story that [Berry and I] have somehow fallen out. We'll always be mates, I was with her last weekend, we had such a giggle.
"Why would it, how could it [affect our relationship?]. She will always be my TV mother as well as Mel and Sue will be my sisters, we are like a dysfunctional family... I'll miss them."
'Names in hat'
Hollywood added he hopes to continue being a judge on Bake Off for as long as he can, but did not think his career would last as long as Berry's.
"I've got a family and I'm just coming to the end of my career I suppose. I'm 50-odd, I haven't got long left," he said.
"I'm not going to last like Mary, until I'm 81, but while it's here, I will carry on doing my job as a judge on The Great British Bake Off."
Love Productions, which makes Bake Off, has already started its search for contestants for the next series of the baking contest.
Asked about the new judging line-up for the show when it moves to Channel 4, Holly wood said: "There are a few names in the hat, yes."
The original judges and presenters will be seen together later this month when two Christmas specials are aired on the BBC.