BBC News

The Voice: ITV confirms three-year deal and The Voice Kids from 2017

Published
image captionThis year's winner Stevie McCrorie pictured with the 2015 judging panel, will.i.am, Sir Tom Jones, Ricky Wilson and Rita Ora

ITV has confirmed it will air singing talent competitions The Voice and The Voice Kids from 2017.

The broadcaster announced it has signed a three-year deal for The Voice and a spin-off ITV2 show, as well committing to two series of a children's version.

ITV had previously refused to comment on reports it had bought The Voice, after the BBC revealed it had lost out to a rival broadcaster.

ITV's Peter Fincham said it had a place "alongside" The X Factor.

"ITV is the natural home of big entertainment so we are thrilled that The Voice and The Voice Kids are both joining our family alongside brilliant shows like The X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, Saturday Night Takeaway and I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here," director of TV Fincham said in a statement.

Earlier this month ITV confirmed its contract with X Factor had another year left to run, and said it planned to air a new series in 2016.

Simon Cowell's singing show has suffered falling ratings this year, as well as criticism of its new look and presenting duo Olly Murs and Caroline Flack.

The BBC's final season of The Voice UK begins in January, with Boy George and Paloma Faith on the new look judging panel alongside Ricky Wilson and will.i.am.

Owned by production company Talpa Global, The Voice started life as a Dutch talent show in 2010.

It now has around 65 versions broadcast in 180 countries, and nearly 30 versions of the junior edition The Voice Kids.

Related Topics

  • Television

More on this story

  • ITV says 'no comment' on claims it has bought The Voice UK

Around the BBC

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.