Hunger Games premiere scaled back in light of Paris attacks
The Los Angeles premiere for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 has been scaled back "out of respect for the very recent events in Paris".
Lionsgate has cancelled two hours of red carpet interviews with stars including Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth, after Friday's attacks left 129 dead and 352 injured.
Tuesday night's Paris premiere of Tom Hardy film Legend has been called off.
Part of Mockingjay Part 2 was filmed in Paris, along with Atlanta and Germany.
Lionsgate's statement said: "Out of respect for the very recent events in Paris, we have decided to modify our red carpet and we will not conduct interviews at Monday's Mockingjay 2 premiere.
"We will proceed with the rest of the event as planned in honour of the incredible fans who have always supported our films with such passion."
Mockingjay Part 2 is the final instalment in the young adult franchise featuring Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen.
Legend - in which Hardy plays both the Kray twins - was due to have its French premiere at the Olympia Theater in Paris.
"Following the tragic events of this weekend, we decided to cancel the premiere of the movie Legend which was scheduled tomorrow, Tuesday, at the Olympia," said a statement from parent company Vivendi. "We thank you for your understanding."
Hardy was not expected at the premiere, but British singer Duffy, who stars as Timi Yuro, had been expected to give a special performance.
The Paris premiere of Steven Spielberg's Cold War drama Bridge of Spies was also cancelled, due to take place on Sunday night.
"In light of the tragedy in Paris, we have cancelled our scheduled film events," said a statement from Fox.
"Further, we stand with the people of Paris and our thoughts go out to all those affected by these horrible events."
The premieres are among several entertainment events to be scaled back or cancelled since the attacks in Paris, where targets included the Bataclan concert venue during a performance by the band Eagles of Death Metal.
Eighty-nine people were killed there. The band members were unhurt but Nick Alexander, a Briton selling merchandise at the gig, was among those killed. On Friday, the US rock band issued a short Facebook statement saying: "Our thoughts are with all of the people involved in this tragic situation."
Fans of The Eagles of Death Metal - who cancelled three shows in Germany this week - have launched a Facebook campaign to get the band to number one.
The page, which has more than 6,000 supporters, is urging people to download the band's version of the Duran Duran song Save A Prayer to show "solidarity against terrorism and support for peace".
There has been some criticism though, with some posts on the Facebook page accusing the campaign of being in bad taste.
Over the weekend concerts were cancelled by musicians including U2 and the Foo Fighters. Madonna's Saturday night show in Stockholm, Sweden, went ahead but the singer said on stage that she was apprehensive about carrying on.
"In many ways I feel torn, because it's like: 'Why am I up here dancing and having fun when people are crying over the loss of their loved ones?'," Madonna told fans.
"However, that is exactly what these people want to do. They want to shut us up. They want to silence us, and we won't let them. We will never let them."
US TV channel CBS said it would replace Monday night's episode of the new series Supergirl that was supposed to deal with a bombing, and would shelve an episode of NCIS: Los Angeles about the recruitment of young women by the Islamic State group.
In the UK, ITV did not broadcast Sunday night's episode of Jekyll and Hyde which was expected to feature a "gunfight", according to the Radio Times.