10 things we didn't know last week
1. People who swear have larger vocabularies.
2. It's possible to trick the brain into thinking it can hear Mariah Carey sing All I Want For Christmas Is You.
3. Most people who were dollar billionaires in 1995 aren't billionaires any more.
4. The European Space Agency has only ever held three recruitment rounds - in 1978, 1992 and 2008.
5. People asked Google "What is 0 divided by 0?" in 2015 more than "What is Isis?"
6. The average American has 7.31 missing teeth, while the equivalent English person has 6.97.
7. You can buy a bed that will swallow you in the event of an earthquake.
8. Lettuce requires three times the emissions per calorie to produce as bacon.
9. Among the USA's 1,000 most senior medical academics, there are more moustaches than women.
10. There have been 727 references to Bob Dylan in scientific papers published since the 1970s.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingididntknowlastweek
Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.