1. The notion of drunk people going on late-night cow-tipping sprees is scientifically implausible - it would take five people of average strength to topple a cow.
2. The typical internet user has seven passwords to manage 25 online accounts.
3. You need an 8ft-high table to ensure toast lands butter side up when dropped.
4. A Great Dane dog was awarded the Blue Cross Medal in 1941 after she extinguished an incendiary bomb by urinating on it.
5. Richard III suffered from a roundworm infection.
6. Saint Martin's Summer is the traditional British phrase for warm weather well into autumn.
7. Whales get tan lines.
8. The earless Gardiner's frog listens with its mouth.
9. Curved glass buildings can melt cars on a sunny day.
10. Dutch police employ five sniffer rats.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek