Warning after garden fire spreads
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Warning after Wrexham garden fire sets 150 tyres alight

A safety warning has been issued after a small bonfire spread to grass and set alight 150 old tyres that were being stored nearby.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service (NWFRS) officers were called to the blaze on Garth Road in Trevor, near Wrexham, at 08:37 BST Monday, with three crews putting it out by early afternoon.

As they tackled it, people in nearby homes were told to keep doors and windows closed.

NWFRS spokesman Lee Williams said "controlled burns like this can easily get out of control and I’d ask everyone to keep safety in mind".

  • 03 Jun 2019
Go to next video: Black smoke plumes sent up by large fire