Natasha Scott-Falber
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Mum campaigns after daughter's toxic shock syndrome death

The family of a teenager who died after using a tampon for the first time are calling for the effects of toxic shock syndrome to be taught in all schools.

Natasha Scott-Falber, 14, from Caerwent, Monmouthshire, died in her sleep in 2013 and thought she had been recovering from a sickness bug.

Her mother Mandy said she had been unaware of the symptoms of toxic shock syndrome, which can affect those wearing tampons.

Caroline Evans reports.

  • 06 Mar 2015
Go to next video: Toxic shock campaign after death