Dave Jackson's burnt out bedroom
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Electric blanket fire in Stoke-on-Trent led to man's death

A 30-year-old electric blanket caused a fire which killed a man in Stoke-on-Trent.

People are now being advised to check theirs after 69-year-old Dave Jackson died in November when his faulty blanket set alight.

The Electrical Safety Council says more than 5,000 fires happen in the home every year because of electric blankets.

Mr Jackson's family say the hardest thing to accept is that his death could have been prevented.

  • 18 Jan 2016