Rowland Wessling
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Surgery for barbecue CO gas poisoned camper

A man from Oxford who survived carbon monoxide poisoning has undergone pioneering surgery for nerve damage.

Rowland Wessling was poisoned by a disposable barbeque, which he took into a tent he was sharing with his girlfriend, Hazel Woodhams.

Ms Woodhams, from Huddersfield, was killed by the gas.

He now wants others to be made aware of the dangers.

  • 18 Jan 2014
Go to next video: Police probe fumes link to boat deaths