Country mansion gutted by fire
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Cosgrove Hall fire: Blaze 'believed to have started accidentally'

A fire which gutted a Grade II-listed 18th century mansion is believed to have started accidentally.

The blaze engulfed the privately-owned Cosgrove Hall in Northamptonshire on 7 October.

The limestone building was badly damaged in the blaze, which was tackled by dozens of firefighters.

Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire "was believed to have started accidentally" but could not comment further.

  • 22 Oct 2016