Flat
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Man dies at New Cross flats evacuated over chemical fumes

A man has died at a block of flats in south-east London that was evacuated because of chemical fumes.

London Fire Brigade said he was thought to have suffered an electric shock and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Fire crews were called to the building on Kender Street, New Cross, at 22:00 GMT on Thursday.

BBC London's Chris Rogers spoke to an unnamed eyewitness and eyewitness Nathan Aljoe.

  • 02 Jan 2015