Police car at scene of football pitch electrocution
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Electric shock death on Mountbatten Leisure Centre football pitch

An investigation has been launched after a man died from an electric shock on an outdoor artificial football pitch at a Portsmouth leisure centre.

South Central Ambulance Service said paramedics were sent to the Mountbatten Leisure Centre at 18:30 GMT on Sunday.

The 34-year-old man was taken to the Queen Alexandra Hospital but later died.

The centre's operator, Parkwood Community Leisure, said the man was not one of its employees.

  • 18 Jan 2016