A woman suffered a rope burn to her neck from a safety failure while on a giant swing at the Eden Project.
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Woman suffers neck wounds after safety failure at the Eden Project

A woman suffered a rope burn to her neck from a safety failure while on a giant swing at the Eden Project.

Claire Hatch, 37, from Southampton, was on the gravity swing at Hangloose Adventures at the Eden Project while on holiday in Cornwall.

She said: "It was only me being yanked backwards that saved me from being very seriously hurt, or worse."

A spokesman at Hangloose Adventures Ltd apologised for "the regrettable recent accident".

  • 30 Aug 2016