Daniel Jones
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Wolverhampton toddler's heroin death was 'avoidable'

A toddler who died from a heroin overdose may have been saved if agencies involved with the family had recognised the risks, a report has said.

Daniel Jones, aged 23 months, collapsed at home in Penn, Wolverhampton, in May 2012 and died later in hospital.

His parents, who were heroin addicts, have been jailed.

A serious case review by the Wolverhampton Safeguarding Children Board said Daniel could have been saved.

It said it was well known the parents were drug users but this was not identified as a risk to the toddler.

  • 20 Dec 2013