Sir John Madejski resumes control of Reading
Reading chairman Sir John Madejski has resumed control of the Royals.
It comes following the continued absence of majority shareholder Anton Zingarevich, who has not been seen at a game since 17 August.
Russian businessman Zingarevich bought 51% of the club in May 2012 and was set to purchase the remaining 49% of shares from Madejski in September but failed to complete the deal.
The Royals are in takeover talks with a consortium from the United States and a group from Oman are also said to be interested in buying the club.
- 6 February 2014
- BBC News