Customer paid £90k after shampoo and rinse causes stroke
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Customer wins £90k after shampoo and rinse causes stroke

A man has told BBC Radio 5 live that he has received £90,000 in compensation from a hair salon after doctors said his shampoo and rinse gave him a stroke.

Dave Tyler collapsed two days after visiting a salon in Brighton in 2011.

Speaking to Adrian Chiles, he explained how a blood clot formed in his artery, after his head was pushed back, which caused the stroke.

“They could have been aware that this sort of thing could happen. The neck is a delicate part of the body.”

The case was settled with the five-figure compensation out of court.

  • 13 Dec 2016