Christianne and Robert Shepherd
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Thomas Cook: CEO 'deeply sorry' for carbon monoxide deaths

The chief executive of Thomas Cook has said he is "deeply sorry" about the deaths of two children who died in a Corfu holiday chalet in 2006.

An inquest found Christi and Bobby Shepherd were "unlawfully killed" when they were poisoned by carbon monoxide at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel.

Peter Fankhauser said the firm had not shown the compassion it should have done to the family.

Ed Thomas reports.

  • 20 May 2015
Go to next video: 'I am deeply sorry' about Corfu deaths