Couple's campaign for blind cord safety
A couple from Gloucestershire whose baby daughter died after becoming trapped in the cord of a window blind have started a campaign to get certain types of cord banned in the UK.
Amanda O'Halloran and Chris Parslow believe that safety measures do not go far enough after their 17-month-old, Sophia, died in June.
The British Blinds and Shutter Association has its own awareness campaign, called Make It Safe, and says it is fully committed, along with its members, to help eliminate the risk associated with looped cords, chains and tapes used on window blinds.
Madeleine Ware reports.
29 Sep 2013