Jet aircraft (file picture)
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Plutocrats: Who are the richest of the rich?

The super-rich are often referred to as the richest 1% of the population - whose wealth surpasses the other 99%.

But now there is a separate elite, the 0.1%, who tower above even the multi-millionaires.

Chrystia Freeland - author of Plutocrats: The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else - and Anup Desai, a City University of New York professor involved in the Occupy movement, spoke to the BBC's Mishal Husain about the growth of the billionaire class, and what that means for the wider economy.

  • 24 Jan 2013
Go to next video: Luxury yacht sales boom in China