- The UK economy grew by 1.0% between July and September, more than economists had expected
- Prime Minister David Cameron said the economy was "on the right track"
- Shadow chancellor Ed Balls said the economy was "flatlining" and only back to the same size it was a year ago
- The economy got a one-off boost from ticket sales for the Olympic and Paralympic Games
- GDP, or gross domestic product, is the sum of all goods and services produced in the economy
- Catherine Wynne
- Holly Wallis
Last updated 25 October 2012Share
Updates for this Live Event are currently disabled.