Man, 80, rescued from flat fire in Dover


A man in his 80s had to be rescued from his Dover flat after he left a frying pan on the hob and then fell asleep.

Firefighters forced their way into the property in Hillside Road after a neighbour heard the smoke alarm.

Kent Fire Service said the man suffered the effects of smoke inhalation. He was treated at the scene.

Watch manager Andy Hollands warned people not to leave cooking unattended following the fire at 1130 BST on Sunday.

He said: "Sadly, we often see people getting hurt as a result of these types of incidents which are all preventable."

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.