Isle Of Man / Ellan Vannin

Cooker gas explosion at house on Isle of Man

One person has been injured in a gas explosion at a house in Port St Mary in the Isle of Man.

Fire crews from Port Erin and Castletown attended the incident, which involved a gas cooker, in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The householder suffered minor injuries and was treated at the scene.

There was extensive damage to the kitchen and lounge area of the property. Crews warned people never to leave cookers unattended when in use.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites