Cooking starts flat fire in Sandown


Two men were taken to hospital after a fire in a flat on the Isle of Wight.

Firefighters were called to Lake Green Road in Lake, Sandown, at about 0220 BST after a woman living above the flat raised the alarm.

Crews broke into the property where they found unattended cooking had started a fire in the kitchen.

The service said 18 firefighters attended the incident. The men are being treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.