Tributes have been paid to an eight-year-old boy who died suddenly after playing football at a birthday party in Hertfordshire.
Charlie Fidler is thought to have suffered an allergic reaction or an asthma attack during the party at Hemel Hempstead cricket club on Saturday.
In the hours before he died, Charlie had won a trophy for being the most improved player in his team.
His parents said they are devastated at the loss of their son.
His mother Nicole tried to revive him with an adrenaline pen but he died later in hospital.
In a statement, his parents said: "Charlie was a beautiful boy who was full of life.
"He loved playing football and was a huge Arsenal fan and also enjoyed swimming and attending cubs."
Charlie had been attending a barbecue after a presentation at his football club, the Hemel Town Youth Team, where he won a trophy for being the most improved player.
His parents said: "Words cannot describe how we are all feeling right now.
"We are heartbroken about Charlie, who always brightened up the room. We all loved him so much and we cannot explain how much we are going to miss him."