Homes evacuated during plant fire in Surfleet
Homes had to be evacuated because of a fire at a flower processing plant in Lincolnshire.
Firefighters were called to the fire at L and D Flowers on Park Lane in Surfleet on Saturday night.
A police spokesperson said a gas pipe ruptured during the fire which meant several nearby homes were evacuated for safety reasons.
Crews have tackled the fire and were damping down at the scene on Sunday.
It is not yet known how the fire started.
John Sharpe, from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue, said there were concerns about gas leaking during the incident.
"We could hear the gas leaking into the building and we obviously evacuated the firefighters to a safe distance at that point.
"Fortunately the gas board did attend shortly afterwards and isolated the gas supply at the meter and about an hour later they isolated it in the road way."