A rape inquiry in Suffolk has been dropped due to a lack of evidence that a 15-year-old girl had been attacked.
Officers were called to reports of a distressed girl on Hardwick Heath, in Bury St Edmunds, on Friday night.
Police said the girl co-operated fully with their inquiry and there is no evidence to suggest she had been raped or subjected to any attack.
"The circumstances that gave rise to the investigation have been explained," a police spokeswoman said.
Det Insp Steve Denham: "Given the initial circumstances it was possible that an offence had been committed and we have a duty of care to any alleged victim to establish if this is the case.
"A robust investigation has fully explained the initial concerns and the female is very reassured by this."