Dorset man flees after fire in kitchen


A man who fell asleep after leaving cooking unattended managed to escape unharmed when a fire broke out in his Dorset flat.

A passer-by saw smoke billowing from the property in Salisbury Street, Blandford, at about 2200 BST and shouted up at the man.

The occupant woke up and fled the flat. Fire crews said none of his three smoke alarms had working batteries.

The fire caused minor fire damage to the kitchen.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.