Building inspectors will examine the burned remains of one of the world's oldest machine factories.
About 80 firefighters tackled the blaze at the derelict Paton's Mill in Johnstone in Renfrewshire.
Crews from Strathclyde Fire and Rescue Service were called shortly before 1600 BST.
The mill was hit by a fire which caused major damage six weeks ago. It has been empty since production stopped at the site in 2004.
Fire crews are still damping down small pockets of fire in the listed building.
The building, which dates back to 1782, was built on the banks of the Black Cart River by the Corse and Burns Company and was a fully operational textile factory for nearly 220 years.
Most recently it was used for making shoe laces, before Paton's moved its operation to a nearby business park.
The mill is owned by GWM Developments of Belfast.
Planning permission, granted in June 2004, to develop the building into flats and office space, has now lapsed.