Widow 'denied minister meeting' over Trident report
A woman widowed by a Peterhead fishing boat tragedy has said she has been refused permission to see the transport minister over a report into the sinking.
The Trident went down off Wick in 1974 with the loss of seven men.
An inquiry is ongoing but Jeannie Ritchie learned last week of a 1976 report which found the vessel had insufficient stability.
The report is expected to be discussed at the inquiry on Monday.
Mrs Ritchie said she would still travel to London next week to take up the issue of the 1976 report.
The Advocate General's Office for Scotland said the report was not hidden and forms part of the productions before the current inquiry in Aberdeen into the sinking.
An inquiry held a year after the sinking found the Trident had been struck by a massive wave, but many of the relatives insist the vessel was unstable.
A new investigation was ordered when the wreck was discovered by amateur divers in 2001.
The fresh inquiry began in Aberdeen last October, but was adjourned earlier this year. It resumed earlier this week.
All the crew on board - Robert Cordiner, Alexander Ritchie, George Nicol, James Tait, Thomas Thain, Alexander Mair and Alexander Summers - were lost when the Trident sank.