About 50 people spent the night out of their homes in West Lothian, after they were evacuated because of a large fire at a builders' yard.
Firefighters spent hours pouring water on oxy-acetylene and propane tanks - to stop them igniting.
The blaze broke out in the yard in High Academy Street in Armadale at about 1400 BST on Tuesday.
A building in the yard collapsed and residents in nearby streets were told to leave the area.
A number of residents went to stay with friends and relatives while others were put up in a local community centre.
They were due to return to their homes at 0700 BST.