Graham Norton will replace Jonathan Ross when he leaves his BBC Radio 2 show, the corporation has confirmed.
Norton, who had been widely tipped for the show, said he was "thrilled" at getting his own show which will feature live music and celebrity guests.
The Over The Rainbow host takes over the Saturday morning slot on 2 October.
Ross, who has been a regular on Radio 2 since 1999, is leaving the BBC after deciding not to renew his contract. He will leave the radio show in July.
Radio 2 controller Bob Shennan said: "Graham is one of the nation's favourite entertainment presenters and I'm hugely excited to welcome him to his new permanent home on Radio 2."
Shennan also paid tribute to outgoing presenter' s contribution to the station.
He said: "I'd like to thank Jonathan for making the Saturday morning slot on Radio 2 such a success over the past 11 years and, during that time, contributing fully to the renaissance of Radio 2."
Norton said: "I'm thrilled to be a part of it. My liver is also delighted that I'll now have an excuse to leave the pub early on a Friday night."
Ross announced in January he planned to quit the BBC once his current contract was up.
In 2008, the presenter was suspended for making a series of lewd phone calls to actor Andrew Sachs on Russell Brand's Radio 2 show.