The Strokes on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross - 5th December 2003
The Strokes perform on the chat show.
- Principal Members
- Julian Casablancas
- Nikolai Fraiture
- Albert Hammond Jr.
- Fabrizio Moretti
- Nick Valensi
The Strokes are an American rock band formed in 1998 that rose to fame in the early 2000s as a leading group in the garage rock revival. Upon the release of their acclaimed debut album Is This It? in 2001, many critics hyped the group as the "saviors of rock" for their stripped down sound, heavily influenced by bands such as The Velvet Underground.
Since then, the band has maintained a fan base and has enjoyed much success in the United Kingdom....( read more at Wikipedia)
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 2001 Release their first EP
- 2001 Bidding war amnong labels for the band
- 2001 Debut album is Time Magazine's album of the year
- 2002 Abortive recording sessions with Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich
- 2003 Second album 'Room On Fire' released
- 2004 Projected album release 'Live in London' is abandoned
- 2006 Third album 'First Impressions of Earth' tops the UK album charts
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 You Only Live Once played 5,900 times
- 2 Juicebox played 5,519 times
- 3 Someday played 5,191 times
- 4 Reptilia played 5,190 times
- 5 Heart in a Cage played 4,614 times
- 6 12:51 played 4,215 times
- 7 Hard to Explain played 4,120 times
- 8 Is This It played 4,034 times
- 9 Soma played 3,545 times
- 10 Last Nite played 3,541 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.