- Principal Members
- Viv Albertine
- Hollie Cook
- Tessa Pollitt
- Ari Up
The Slits are an all female post-punk band. The quartet was formed in 1976 by members of the bands The Flowers of Romance and The Castrators. The members were Ari Up (Arianna Forster) and Palmolive (Paloma Romera, who later left to join The Raincoats), with Viv Albertine and Tessa Pollitt replacing founding members Kate Korus and Suzy Gutsy.
Palmolive was replaced by male drummer Budgie (aka Pete Clarke), formerly of The Spitfire Boys and later to join Siouxsie & the Banshees...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1976 Formed by members of The Flowers of Romance and The Castrators
- 1977 Support the Clash on the White Riot Tour
- 1977 Legendary Peel session recorded
- 1979 'Cut' recorded with new drummer Budgie
- 1981 Pop Group drummer Bruce Smith joins
- 1982 The band effectively dissolves
- 2006 Ari Up and Tessa Pollit reform The Slits
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Shoplifting played 238 times
- 2 I Heard It Through the Grapevine played 232 times
- 3 Typical Girls played 217 times
- 4 So Tough played 191 times
- 5 Instant Hit played 163 times
- 6 FM played 147 times
- 7 Love und Romance played 138 times
- 8 Ping Pong Affair played 138 times
- 9 Spend, Spend, Spend played 127 times
- 10 Adventures Close to Home played 103 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.