- Principal Members
- Terry Chimes
- Topper Headon
- Mick Jones
- Paul Simonon
- Joe Strummer
The Clash were an English punk rock band who were active from 1976 to 1986. They were one of the most successful and iconic bands from the original wave of punk rock in the late 1970s, and went on to incorporate punk with reggae, rockabilly, dance, jazz, ska, and eventually many other music styles into their repertoire. The Clash were legendary for their intense stage performances.
From their earliest days as a band, the Clash stood apart from their punk peers with their musicianship...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1976 First gig supporting the Sex Pistols
- 1976 Sign to CBS
- 1977 Drummer Terry Chimes quits - Topper Headon joins
- 1977 Various band members arrested for vandalism
- 1977 'White Riot' released
- 1979 Debut US tour
- 1982 Topper Headon is asked to leave; Terry Chimes rejoins
- 1983 Mick Jones is sacked
- 1985 Strummer and manager Bernie Rhodes fight for control of the group
- 1986 Strummer dissolves the Clash
- 2002 Rumours of a reunion are quashed by Strummer's death at 50
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 London Calling played 5,943 times
- 2 Rock the Casbah played 3,124 times
- 3 The Guns of Brixton played 2,917 times
- 4 Lost in the Supermarket played 2,590 times
- 5 Should I Stay or Should I Go played 2,567 times
- 6 Spanish Bombs played 2,525 times
- 7 Rudie Can't Fail played 2,329 times
- 8 Brand New Cadillac played 2,267 times
- 9 I Fought the Law played 2,252 times
- 10 Clampdown played 2,223 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.