You need to upgrade your Flash Player
In order to view this video please get flash.
- Principal Members
- Syd Barrett
- David Gilmour
- Nick Mason
- Roger Waters
- Richard Wright
Pink Floyd are an English rock band that earned recognition for their psychedelic rock music, and, as they evolved, for their avant-garde progressive rock music. Pink Floyd were known for philosophical lyrics, sonic experimentation, innovative cover art, and elaborate live shows. One of rock music's most successful and influential acts, the group has sold over 250 million albums worldwide, and an estimated 73.5 million albums in the United States alone.
Pink Floyd had moderate success in the late 1960s as a psychedelic band led by the late Syd Barrett...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1967 'Piper At The Gates of Dawn' released
- 1967 Perform at 14-Hour Technicolour Dream
- 1967 First US Tour
- 1968 Syd Barrett leaves
- 1973 'Money' reaches #13 on the US single charts
- 1977 Nick Mason produces the Damned's second album
- 1979 Rick Wright is fired during the sessions for 'The Wall'
- 1980 First date of 'The Wall'
- 1985 Roger Waters leaves and a legal battle ensues
- 1996 Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 2005 Band reunites with Waters at Live 8
- 2006 Syd Barrett dies
Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
Syd Barrett's psych masterpiece. Trippy, inventive and uniquely English.
A compilation of 'antiques and curios' from the early years. Indispensable.
Floyd come of age and set the blueprint for their later successes. Cosmic.
Dark Side Of The Moon
A true classic. Every home should have one (and most of them did).
Wish You Were Here
The Floyd pay tribute to Syd and have a go at the music industry. Wistful, bitter and million selling.
Roger Waters' crowning achievement; death, despair, alienation and tasty guitar solos.
- Related programme
- On the BBC
- On the web
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Wish You Were Here played 8,371 times
- 2 Comfortably Numb played 7,145 times
- 3 Money played 6,483 times
- 4 Time played 6,118 times
- 5 The Great Gig in the Sky played 5,296 times
- 6 Us and Them played 4,977 times
- 7 Hey You played 4,809 times
- 8 Brain Damage played 4,556 times
- 9 On the Run played 4,246 times
- 10 Eclipse played 4,193 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.