- Principal Members
- John Bonham
- John Paul Jones
- Jimmy Page
- Robert Plant
Led Zeppelin were an English rock band formed in 1968 and composed of guitarist Jimmy Page, vocalist Robert Plant, drummer John Bonham, and bass guitarist and keyboardist John Paul Jones. They are one of the most successful groups in popular music history.
While the band are best known as pioneers of hard rock and heavy metal, they also drew inspiration from many other musical genres, including blues, rockabilly, reggae, soul, funk, jazz, classical, Celtic, Indian, Arabic, folk, pop, Latin and country.
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1968 Signed for a record advance to Atlantic Records
- 1969 Debut album panned by Rolling Stone
- 1973 Play to a record-breaking 56,800 fans at Tampa Stadium
- 1974 Form their own label, Swansong
- 1975 Take a break from touring due to road accidents and drug issues
- 1977 US Tour is beset by problems
- 1980 John Bonham collapses on stage and dies two months later
- 1980 The remaining members announce the band's break up
- 1985 Plant, Jones and Page reunite for US Live Aid
- 1994 Page and Plant tour and record (without Jones)
- 1995 Inducted in to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Stairway to Heaven played 9,253 times
- 2 Immigrant Song played 5,596 times
- 3 Black Dog played 5,280 times
- 4 Whole Lotta Love played 4,731 times
- 5 Dazed and Confused played 4,201 times
- 6 Communication Breakdown played 3,772 times
- 7 Kashmir played 3,745 times
- 8 Heartbreaker played 3,594 times
- 9 Rock and Roll played 3,451 times
- 10 Going to California played 3,371 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.