You need to upgrade your Flash Player
In order to view this video please get flash.
- Principal Members
- Paul Di'Anno
- Bruce Dickinson
- Janick Gers
- Steve Harris
- Nicko McBrain
- Dave Murray
- Adrian Smith
Iron Maiden are an English heavy metal band from east London. The band were formed in 1975 by bassist Steve Harris, formerly a member of Gypsy's Kiss and Smiler. Iron Maiden are one of the most successful and influential bands in the heavy metal genre, having sold 80 million albums worldwide. The band won the Ivor Novello award for international achievement in 2002.
The band have headlined several major events in its career, notably Rock in Rio, Ozzfest alongside Black Sabbath, Donington's 'Monsters of Rock', 'Download' Festivals and the 'Reading and Leeds Festivals...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1975 Formed by bassist Steve Harris on Christmas Day
- 1977 A poor gig results in Harris firing the entire band
- 1978 Record the Soundhouse Tapes with new vocalist Paul Di'Anno
- 1979 Land a deal with EMI
- 1980 Debut album hits #4 in the UK album chart
- 1980 Adrian Smith joins
- 1981 Di'Anno is fired and replaced with Bruce Dickinson
- 1982 Christian activists cause trouble for the band on their US tour
- 1982 'Number of the Beast' goes #1
- 1990 Smith leaves and is replaced by Janick Gers
- 1993 Dickinson leaves and is replaced by Blaze Bayley
- 1999 Dickinson and Smith rejoin
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Run to the Hills played 4,592 times
- 2 The Trooper played 4,284 times
- 3 The Number of the Beast played 3,970 times
- 4 2 Minutes to Midnight played 3,283 times
- 5 Fear of the Dark played 3,157 times
- 6 Hallowed Be Thy Name played 2,975 times
- 7 Aces High played 2,800 times
- 8 The Evil That Men Do played 2,441 times
- 9 The Wicker Man played 2,331 times
- 10 Can I Play With Madness played 2,263 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.