- Principal Members
- Damon Albarn
- Graham Coxon
- Alex James
- Dave Rowntree
Blur are an English rock band formed in Colchester in 1989. Originally named Seymour, Blur became one of the biggest bands in the UK during the Britpop movement of the mid-1990s. The band are currently comprised of vocalist/keyboardist Damon Albarn, drummer Dave Rowntree and bassist Alex James.
Blur's original influences on their debut album, Leisure, included contemporary British alternative rock trends such as Madchester and shoegazing. Following a stylistic change in the mid-1990s, influenced by 1960s English pop groups such as The Kinks and The Beatles, the band released Modern Life is Rubbish, Parklife and The Great Escape. As a result, the band helped to popularise the Britpop genre and achieved mass popularity in the UK, aided by a famous chart battle with Britpop rivals Oasis...
This entry is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (more info) and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
- 1989 Formed as Seymour
- 1990 Now named Blur, sign to Food Records
- 1990 Begin their association with producer Stephen Street
- 1994 'Parklife' enters the charts at #1
- 1994 Release Girls and Boys
- 1995 Blur's chart battle with Oasis
- 1997 Street and Blur terminate their relationship
- 2002 Coxon is asked to leave during the recording of 'Think Tank'
- 2002 NME reports a possible reunion
These pictures are photos that have been uploaded by the public to Flickr, the photosharing website. Click on a photo to see the large image there.
These pictures are not hosted by the BBC. Please alert us if you spot anything inappropriate. This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
Top 10 Tracks
These are the tracks that are most listened to by users of Last.FM.
- 1 Song 2 played 7,132 times
- 2 Parklife played 2,612 times
- 3 Coffee & TV played 2,292 times
- 4 Beetlebum played 2,162 times
- 5 Country House played 1,915 times
- 6 Tender played 1,840 times
- 7 End of a Century played 1,723 times
- 8 Charmless Man played 1,629 times
- 9 Girls & Boys played 1,596 times
- 10 There's No Other Way played 1,594 times
This chart is not created by the BBC and is only reflective of the listening habits of users of Last.FM.