ZAYN Biography (Wikipedia)
Zain Javadd "Zayn" Malik (born 12 January 1993), known mononymously as Zayn, is an English singer and songwriter. Born and raised in Bradford, West Yorkshire, Malik auditioned as a solo contestant for the British music competition The X Factor in 2010. After being eliminated as a solo performer, Malik was brought back into the competition, along with four other contestants, to form the boy band that would become known as One Direction. Malik left the group in March 2015 and subsequently signed a solo recording contract with RCA Records.
Adopting a more alternative R&B music style with his debut studio album Mind of Mine (2016) and its lead single, "Pillowtalk", Malik became the first British male artist to debut at number one in both the UK and US with a debut single and debut album. Malik is the recipient of several accolades, including an American Music Award, Billboard Music Award and MTV Video Music Award. In December 2018, he released his second studio album, Icarus Falls.
- What's happened to ZAYN's hair?!https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p05fjbbh.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p05fjbbh.jpg2017-09-08T14:40:00.000ZScott and Chris bring you everything you need to know about ZAYN's hair.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p05fj8d4
What's happened to ZAYN's hair?!
- Zayn and Louis Tomlinson tease new collaborations!https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04xn8dt.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04xn8dt.jpg2017-03-22T10:45:00.000ZAre team-ups with Bebe Rexha and PARTYNEXTDOOR on the cards?https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p04xn3ly
Zayn and Louis Tomlinson tease new collaborations!
- Zayn says he has conquered his anxiety and eating disordershttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04xfrgq.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04xfrgq.jpg2017-03-20T11:05:00.000ZHis anxiety has previously stopped the star from performing live.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p04xfr3s
Zayn says he has conquered his anxiety and eating disorders
- Grimmy on Zayn Malik's new fashion Collab with Versacehttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0481lm0.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p0481lm0.jpg2016-10-13T12:12:00.000ZNick Grimshaw talks all things Zayn versus Versace...https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p04bwp61
Grimmy on Zayn Malik's new fashion Collab with Versace
- Zayn Malik receives the ultimate honour from his hometownhttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p044v72c.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p044v72c.jpg2016-08-16T07:27:00.000ZThe solo star has been immortalised as a sand sculpture.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p044v7g0
Zayn Malik receives the ultimate honour from his hometown
- “I wasn’t really 100% confident in the way that I was singing back then, now I feel like I am” Zayn Malik on Pillowtalkhttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03gvsjy.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03gvsjy.jpg2016-01-29T12:46:00.000ZZayn talks about how he feels much more confident singing his new, solo music and discusses the possibility of a future tour before Clara Amfo plays his record.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p03gyfbm
“I wasn’t really 100% confident in the way that I was singing back then, now I feel like I am” Zayn Malik on Pillowtalk