BeyoncéUS singer, songwriter, record producer & actress. Born 4 September 1981
Beyoncé Biography (Wikipedia)
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter ( bee-YON-say; born September 4, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, and actress. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Beyoncé performed in various singing and dancing competitions as a child. She rose to fame in the late 1990s as the lead singer of Destiny's Child, one of the best-selling girl groups of all time.
During Destiny's Child's hiatus, Beyoncé made her theatrical film debut with a role in the US box-office number-one Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002) and recorded her first solo album, Dangerously in Love (2003), which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart. It also featured the Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles "Crazy in Love" and "Baby Boy". Following the disbandment of Destiny's Child in 2006, she released her second solo album, B'Day, which contained the US number-one single "Irreplaceable" as well as the UK number-one singles "Déjà Vu" and "Beautiful Liar". Beyoncé continued her acting career with starring roles in The Pink Panther (2006), Dreamgirls (2006), and Obsessed (2009). Her marriage to rapper Jay-Z and her portrayal of Etta James in Cadillac Records (2008) influenced her third album, I Am... Sasha Fierce (2008), which earned a record-setting six Grammy Awards in 2010. It spawned the UK number-one single "If I Were a Boy" and the US number-one single "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)".
- Black Lives Matter course to include studies of Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamarhttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p06pd9rs.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p06pd9rs.jpg2018-10-20T08:02:00.000ZMary Anne speaks to course lecturer Dr Christopher Lloyd about a UK university course on the Black Lives Matter movement.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p06pd97p
Black Lives Matter course to include studies of Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar
- "It's a statement of inclusion and love" - why the new video from Beyoncé and JAY-Z is so significanthttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p06bj363.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p06bj363.jpg2018-06-19T15:58:00.000ZAnnie Mac and Daniellé Dash discuss the cultural importance of the new visual.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p06bk8pj
"It's a statement of inclusion and love" - why the new video from Beyoncé and JAY-Z is so significant
- Zara Larsson plays How Beyoncé Are You?https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04hbc49.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04hbc49.jpg2016-11-22T10:01:00.000ZZara Larsson joins Grimmy in the studio to find out just how Beyoncé she really is.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p04hbc7b
Zara Larsson plays How Beyoncé Are You?
- Beyoncé reunites with Destiny's Child for a mannequin challenge videohttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04fky0c.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04fky0c.jpg2016-11-08T09:15:00.000ZThere are rumours the girl group are reforming for more than a viral clip, however.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p04fky2d
Beyoncé reunites with Destiny's Child for a mannequin challenge video
- Beyoncé has amazing things to say about Adelehttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04dvl9z.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04dvl9z.jpg2016-11-01T14:45:00.000Z"She’s funny as hell and her comebacks are legendary."https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p04dvlf1
Beyoncé has amazing things to say about Adele