Bono Biography (Wikipedia)
Paul David Hewson, KBE OL (born 10 May 1960), known by his stage name Bono, is an Irish singer-songwriter, musician, venture capitalist, businessman, and philanthropist. He is best known as the lead vocalist and primary lyricist of rock band U2.
Born and raised in Dublin, Ireland, he attended Mount Temple Comprehensive School where he met his future wife, Alison Stewart, as well as schoolmates with whom he formed U2 in 1976. Bono soon established himself as a passionate frontman for the band through his expressive vocal style and grandiose gestures and songwriting. His lyrics are known for their social and political themes, and for their religious imagery inspired by his Christian beliefs. During U2's early years, Bono's lyrics contributed to the group's rebellious and spiritual tone. As the band matured, his lyrics became inspired more by personal experiences shared with the other members. As a member of U2, Bono has received 22 Grammy Awards and has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Bono on the Joshua Tree Tour 2017https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p053596v.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p053596v.jpg2017-05-17T12:52:00.000ZBono of U2 tells Stuart Bailie about the theme of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017, with Rigsy.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p053619q
Bono on the Joshua Tree Tour 2017
- Bono on Miss Sarajevohttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01rmyj1.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01rmyj1.jpg2017-05-16T14:45:00.000ZBono talks about the relevance of Miss Sarajevo and how it can now be applied to Syria...https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p0533cvb
Bono on Miss Sarajevo
- Bono on Brexithttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01bqmqv.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01bqmqv.jpg2017-05-16T14:35:00.000ZStu finds out what Bono's views are on the implications of Brexit on the NI border...https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p0533cv5
Bono on Brexit
- Bono tells Chris about U2's first practice of The Joshua Tree in 30 years!https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p050l99n.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p050l99n.jpg2017-04-20T07:48:00.000ZBono on U2's Record Store Day release of their Joshua Tree track Red Hill Mining Town.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p050l951
Bono tells Chris about U2's first practice of The Joshua Tree in 30 years!
- Zucchero on collaborating with Bono on 'Streets Of Surrender'...https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03z236d.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03z236d.jpg2016-06-21T17:49:00.000ZZucchero tells Simon about the inspiration behind his new song with Bono.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p03z23f4
Zucchero on collaborating with Bono on 'Streets Of Surrender'...
- Jo Whiley chats to Bonohttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p031w01k.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p031w01k.jpg2015-09-07T20:15:00.000ZJo Whiley chats to Bono about U2's European tour.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p031w0qm
Jo Whiley chats to Bono
- Bono chats with Zanehttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01rmyj1.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01rmyj1.jpg2014-02-04T09:43:00.000ZBono calls into the show and chats with Zane about his ongoing work on U2's new album.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p01rmyjp
Bono chats with Zane
Latest Bono News
Performances & Interviews from Similar Artists
Who put U2 off when they turned up at their gig?!
Is this really U2’s last ever tour?
U2's Edge chats to Jo & Simon
"Most fun ever on tour with those guys" - Noel Gallagher on partying hard with U2
Go backstage with U2 on their colossal Joshua Tree tour in Brazil (U2 at the BBC)
U2 at the BBC - Trailer
U2 go record shopping in São Paulo
Edge: "U2 albums never get finished, just released!"
Edge: "U2's new single is influenced by Oscar Wilde...and Motown"
Edge talks brand new U2!