Earth, Wind & Fire Biography (Wikipedia)
Earth, Wind & Fire (abbreviated in initials as EWF or EW&F) is an American band that has spanned the musical genres of R&B, soul, funk, jazz, disco, pop, rock, dance, Latin, and Afro pop. They have been described as one of the most innovative and commercially successful acts of all time. Rolling Stone called them "innovative, precise yet sensual, calculated yet galvanizing" and declared that the band "changed the sound of black pop". VH1 has also described EWF as "one of the greatest bands" of all time.
The band was founded in Chicago by Maurice White in 1970, having grown out of a previous band known as the Salty Peppers. Other prominent members of EWF have included Verdine White, Philip Bailey, Ralph Johnson, Larry Dunn, Al McKay, Roland Bautista, Sheldon Reynolds and Andrew Woolfolk. The band has won six Grammys from their 17 nominations. In addition, Earth, Wind & Fire has won 4 American Music Awards out of 12 nominations. They have also been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Vocal Group Hall of Fame, received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and sold over 90 million records, making them one of the world's best-selling bands of all time.
- Are Earth, Wind & Fire up for playing Obama's leaving party? Ralph Johnson reveals...https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03zyj53.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03zyj53.jpg2016-06-30T07:56:00.000ZDisco dude Ralph tells Chris about the band's exciting new adventures.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p03zyrfx
Are Earth, Wind & Fire up for playing Obama's leaving party? Ralph Johnson reveals...
- 'We didn't know it was going to be mudville!' Earth, Wind and Fire look over Glastonbury 2016https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03znw3b.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03znw3b.jpg2016-06-27T15:21:00.000ZThe legendary Earth, Wind and Fire join Jo and Dermot.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p03znw45
'We didn't know it was going to be mudville!' Earth, Wind and Fire look over Glastonbury 2016
- Funk Family Tree: Archie Bell & The Drells – The New Rotary Connectionhttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03yrqd7.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03yrqd7.jpg2016-06-18T17:55:00.000ZWe go from Archie Bell & The Drells to The New Rotary Connection, via Dazz Band and Earth, Wind & Fire. Where next?https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p03yrqfc
Funk Family Tree: Archie Bell & The Drells – The New Rotary Connection
- Earth, Wind & Fire Interviewhttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cn3gz.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p02cn3gz.jpg2014-11-22T21:00:00.000ZCraig interviews one of the most successful and critically acclaimed bands of the twentieth century, Earth, Wind & Fire, at the BBC Proms in the Park.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p02cm3k0
Earth, Wind & Fire Interview
- Earth, Wind & Fire chat with Chrishttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p026m37l.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p026m37l.jpg2014-09-13T11:36:00.000ZChris chats to Earth, Wind & Fire ahead of their headline of BBC Proms in the Park.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p026m37v
Earth, Wind & Fire chat with Chris
- Simon Mayo interrupts Earth Wind & Fire's tennis lessonhttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01xtzxn.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01xtzxn.jpg2014-05-13T10:06:00.000ZLive from LA, EWF join Simon to preview their headline set at Proms In The Park 2014https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p01z007m
Simon Mayo interrupts Earth Wind & Fire's tennis lesson
- Earth, Wind and Fire chat to Steve Wrighthttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01k8z5m.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p01k8z5m.jpg2013-10-24T15:45:00.000ZPhilip Bailey, Verdine White and Ralph Johnson talk about their new EWF album.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p01k8z6n
Earth, Wind and Fire chat to Steve Wright
Earth, Wind & Fire Tracks