Sleaford ModsFormed 2006
Sleaford Mods Biography (Wikipedia)
Sleaford Mods are an English electronic punk music duo formed in 2007 in Nottingham. The band features vocalist Jason Williamson and, since 2012, musician Andrew Fearn. They are known for their abrasive, minimalist musical style and embittered explorations of austerity-era Britain, culture, and working class life, delivered in Williamson's thick East Midlands accent. The duo have released several albums to critical praise.
- Sleaford Mods working on new soul-inspired tuneshttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p05wzdfk.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p05wzdfk.jpg2018-02-04T09:10:00.000ZJason Williamson and Andrew Fearn on how rare groove records have inspired their latest work.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p05wzd2l
Sleaford Mods working on new soul-inspired tunes
- Sleaford Mods in conversation with Gemma Cairneyhttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p05wxvmn.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p05wxvmn.jpg2018-02-04T09:05:00.000ZGemma Cairney catches up with Jason Williamson of Sleaford Mods, to talk about everything from new soul-inspired music to how he nearly went into acting as a teenager.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p05wxsrf
Sleaford Mods in conversation with Gemma Cairney
- Jason of Sleaford Mods on his most memorable acting rolehttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p05wxwwp.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p05wxwwp.jpg2018-02-04T09:05:00.000ZJason Williamson on his early days as a budding actor, and how club culture turned him onto music.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p05wxszt
Jason of Sleaford Mods on his most memorable acting role
- Sleaford Modshttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p056slhg.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p056slhg.jpg2017-07-25T22:59:00.000ZHighlights of Sleaford Mods' set at Glastonbury 2017https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p0580c9m
- Sleaford Modshttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04xxyg0.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p04xxyg0.jpg2017-04-25T22:59:00.000ZHighlights of Sleaford Mods's set at 6 Music Festival 2017https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p04y0xkl
- Sleaford Mods surprise Iggy Pop with a Birthday message!https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p050r87g.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p050r87g.jpg2017-04-22T08:15:00.000ZIggy Pop's favourite act surprise him with a special recording for his 70th Birthday.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p050r65m
Sleaford Mods surprise Iggy Pop with a Birthday message!
- ‘They’re a million miles away but I felt a connection to it’ - Jason Williamson of Sleaford Mods on the music that shaped himhttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03np0kn.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/240x135/p03np0kn.jpg2016-03-22T14:01:00.000ZArriving at the current sound of Sleaford Mods has been a long progression from acoustic guitars to rap stars.https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/audiovideo/popular/p03np1d4
‘They’re a million miles away but I felt a connection to it’ - Jason Williamson of Sleaford Mods on the music that shaped him
Sleaford Mods Tracks
Past BBC Events
6 Music Festival: 2017
Latest Sleaford Mods News
Performances & Interviews from Similar Artists
Kate Tempest on William Blake
6 Questions for... Kate Tempest
Kate Tempest performs her new poem 'Love'
"He never took his foot off the gas": Guy Garvey on Mark E Smith
The Fall - I Can Hear The Grass Grow (Later Archive 2005)
The Fall - Blindness (Later Archive 2005)
“Once it’s got you, you never let go” – Stewart Lee on the music of The Fall
Sharon Horgan - "The Fall were pretty much the only band I listened to in the early 90s"
Marc Riley and Gideon Coe reflect on the death of Mark E. Smith
Mercury Prize 2017 Nominees: Kate Tempest