Andrew Davies' six-part adaptation of Victor Hugo's classic 19th century novel, for BBC One
Interview with Erin Kellyman
Why do I think this will appeal to a modern audience? The diversity. I never thought I would be able to do period drama due to the way I lookErin Kellyman
What did you know about Les Misérables before this?
First time I saw Les Miserables was the film - so I was roughly 14. I really liked the film and Eponine and Gavroche were my two favourites. To be able to do this is crazy. Getting to play her was a dream.
Tell us about Eponine’s journey?
Eponine Thenardier is an extremely strong willed and determined young lady. She’s incredibly passionate and persistent and whatever she believes in she goes for - like Marius! She’s loving and never feels sorry for herself. You see her when she’s younger and she’s living in a bubble. When she gets older they go bankrupt and she then realises the world is a much harsher world.
Why do you think this will appeal to modern audiences?
The diversity. I never thought I would be able to do period drama due to the way I look.
- Interview with Andrew Davies, writer
- Interview with Dominic West
- Interview with David Oyelowo
- Interview with Lily Collins
- Interview with Olivia Colman
- Interview with Adeel Akhtar
- Interview with Josh O'Connor
- Interview with Ellie Bamber
- Interview with Erin Kellyman
- Interview with Tom Shankland, Director
- Interview with Chris Carey, Producer
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here